The building was constructed in 1910 on Friedrichstrasse and opened in 1911 as an ice palace under the name Admiralspalast. With its ice arena and spectacular ice ballet, it became one of Berlin’s most popular amusement sites. In the beginning of the 1920s, it was turned into a revue theater, and, during the Nazi period, an increasing number of operettas were presented. Since its spectacular reopening in 2006, the venue, with its rich tradition and historically significant location in the heart of Berlin, has once again become one of the leading cultural hot spots of the nation’s capital. A place that makes a respectful bow to history and offers a meaningful home to every type of event. A finely balanced interplay of both the historical and the modern was achieved in the extraordinary building complex.